Communication Skills for Physiotherapists – paperback
This book is a comprehensive guide for every physiotherapist. The competence of communication is thoroughly worked out in the clinical context. It will be invaluable for physiotherapists in training, those newly qualified, and those who have years (and years) of experience alike.
Author Vincent Kortleve takes an evidence-based approach that will help practitioners incorporate effective communication skills and strategies into every consultation—from taking a medical history through to therapy and evaluation.
Learn how to excel in the four roles of communicative practice—the confidant, the coach, the detective, and the teacher—how to master shared decision-making; motivational interviewing; therapeutic pain education and health education; and how to cope when communication is difficult or breaks down.
With a foreword from Steven Rollnick (founder of Motivational Interviewing and Honorary Distinguished Professor) and Jeremy Lewis, PhD FCSP (professor of MSK research).
This book has five comprehensive parts:
- the fundamental principles and attitude of the physiotherapist as communicator
- the four roles of the physiotherapist and the core task independent aspects of the conversation
- the consultation with it’s seven core tasks
- special and difficult situations during the consultation and how to deal with them
- scientific backgrounds of communication
When purchasing the book in this webshop you also receive free access to the online additional content (concrete tips & tricks for during your conversations).